Yealands Family Wines is located in New Zealand's Marlborough Region.
Led by legendary entrepreneur Peter Yealands, step by innovative step, we're creating the first fully sustainable winery in New Zealand.
We have already achieved a high industrial sustainability rating. We have also been awarded carboNZeroCert™ status, joining a select group of wineries around the world who have earned this recognition.
Just some -- but by no means all -- of our sustainability initiatives include:
• Use of sheep to graze between rows of vines to reduce the need for spraying and tractor-mowing
• Wetland ponds capture rainfall for gradual release into soil
• Sustainable Winegrowing Certification (SWINZ)
• Solar-reflective, high insulation cladding
• Recovery and recycling of heat energy from refrigeration
• Temperature monitoring throughout building
• All winery tanks individually temperature-controlled
• Motion sensors to control lighting
• Solar panels and wind turbines
• Rainwater harvesting from roof
• On-site wastewater treatment and reuse
• Composting of grape marc, leaves and stalks for vine mulch
• Use of recycled glass and cardboard in packaging